Friday 13 December 2013

Forty Winks Friday, The Upholstery Market

I love the markets of Shanghai, there is a huge market for just about anything you can imagine. Clothes, furniture, fish, flowers, you just have to know where to find them. I discovered the upholstery market not long after I arrived in Shanghai when I was looking for some quilting supplies. I got a friend to write the address in Chinese, jumped in a taxi and off I went. Once I arrived I walked around in a daze for a while as it is huge and was a little overwhelming.

Robyn's Shanghai Nappers

If you can wake the sellers there are so many fabrics to choose from.

Robyn's Shanghai Nappers

Perfect place for a nap, so much bedding to lean on.
You can have any size sheets, pillowcases
or quilt covers made here, while you wait.

Robyn's Shanghai Nappers

Plenty of pre made bedding on offer too. 

Robyn's Shanghai Nappers

The market not only sells bedding but curtains, uniforms, cushions and furniture.

Robyn's Shanghai Nappers

Spread out over multiple huge buildings each with 4 or 5 floors you needed to
stop for a break occasionally, if you can find a seat.

Robyn's Shanghai Nappers

Other shoppers and workers, take time out for a quick nap.

Robyn's Shanghai Nappers

Every time I went, which was often, I found a new section selling different things, 
gift ware, party goods, traditional decorations...so much stuff!

Robyn's Shanghai Nappers

I was always guaranteed to find a napper or two at the Upholstery Market!


Qing Feng Upholstery Market
1618 Cao An Highway
Shanghai
曹安路1618轻纺市场

No comments:

Post a Comment