Thursday 20 February 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes


Perth City Swan River
Perth City, I still call Australia home
In 2006 I was living a contented life in Perth, Western Australia with my two little girls. I was happily divorced and had just celebrated my 21st birthday for the 19th time, amongst my amazing friends who I shared many happy times with and who also helped me through some pretty rough times. If  a fortune teller had looked into a crystal ball and told me that my fortunes would change, I would reconnect with my long lost love, marry and spend four years in Shanghai, China, followed by 18 months in England, then start planning a move to Frankfurt, Germany..... I would have laughed hysterically and asked for my money back. But that is exactly what happened.

My little family has had an incredible time, we loved our time in Shanghai, we were still newly-weds and embraced the life, the culture, food, people and travel. Four years flew by and it was very hard to leave.

Dongtai Lu Antique Market
Dongtai Lu Antique Market
Golden Koi China
Golden Koi, symbolising good fortune in China
Shanghai Tricycle Load
Crazy loads on tricycles in Shanghai
Our time in England was full of more adventures, history, old pub lunches, lots of fresh air and long walks in the countryside.

Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, Tring
Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, Tring
Grey's Court, Henley-on-Thames
Grey's Court, Henley-on-Thames
English Cottage Garden
English Cottage Garden
November 2013 threw us a quite sudden and unexpected curve ball. My husband was offered a position in Germany. The contract was signed in early December and so begun our somewhat frantic search for a school, housing and a seeming tonne of paperwork, all with Christmas and New Year looming. This is why my Shanghai nappers have not appeared for Forty Winks Friday and I have been 'missing in action'. I have been waylaid with a move to our third country in less than two years, not to mention no internet access for five long weeks. So, after living in the two great tea drinking nations of China and England, Oolong to Earl Grey has moved to Riesling and Beer country, I look forward to many new adventures, you are welcome to come along for the ride.

The Rhine River, near Saint Goar, Germany
The Rhine River, near Saint Goar, Germany
Christmas Market Weisbaden, Germany
Christmas Market Weisbaden, Germany
Forest Walk Hofheim Taunus Germany
Forest Walk, Hofheim-Taunus Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment