Sunday 30 November 2014

My Photo a Day November 2014

I have joined a challenge where participants take a photo a day using a list of prompts for inspiration.
The challenge has encouraged me to discover more skills as a photographer 
and look at things in a different way. 

Please enjoy my take on November 2014, most photos were taken on the day,
with three from my archives.

The prompt given is listed in red, the photo is my take on the prompt
and the caption is my description.

1

Lapad Bay, Croatia

 Something Blue - Blue Sky, Blue Sea and Blue in the boat, from the archives, August 2014 in Croatia as we had fog all day and barely any natural light! 

2

Forest, Hofheim, Frankfurt

 I saw this - Autumn Colours in my German Forest on our daily dog walk! Every day the colours change.

3

Ginko Tree, Frankfurt

 Weather - Raining, grey and gloomy! My neighbour's tree brightens my day when I look out of my dining room window! 

4

Coffee Grinder, Bosnia

 Can't live without...can't live without my girls, my husband, my dog...also can't live without my coffee! 

5

Go Karting, Frankfurt

 8 o'clock - 8pm, 16 year old daughter at the go kart track. So hard to get a clear shot...she was fast...2nd fastest of eight and the only girl! 

6

Ralph the Border Collie x

 Made me smile today - Love that this ball is Ralph's favourite. Makes me smile every time he picks it up with the teeth showing! 

7

Ralph the Border Collie x, in forest, Frankfurt

 On the floor - Lots of autumn leaves...and of course one of Ralph's balls!

8

Autumn forest, Frankfurt, Germany

 A place - A place I walk the dog every day, a place I enjoy watching explode with Autumn colour. In a place I call home for now. Germany!

9

Frankfurt, Germany

 Heck Yes....lets have a wine with friends, watching the world go by on a gorgeous afternoon in Frankfurt! 

10

Rose and candle

 I do this every day...light a candle for lost loved ones, friends at home, to send light and love around the world to those who need it.

11

Chinese Fortune Sticks

 A Set - My set of Chinese Fortune Sticks...my Fortune today #32- No journey take by rail or sea or calamity may happen thee...which is quite incredible...I was going to catch the train to the next town and pay some bills but after walking the dog for too long decided on tomorrow instead ...before I read my 'fortune'

12

Hofheim, Frankfurt, Germany

 Normal - What is normal for one person, may not be normal for another. 
It is normal for this German town to have a British red phone box in the main street! It is normal for me to take my camera everywhere...which I did today...minus my memory card! Today's photo comes from my phone!

13

Sign, Bavaria

 Letters - When you live in a place where you don't know the language, signs are just a jumble of letters. I could pick out school, but not much else on this sign in Bavaria. Google translate helped unjumble the letters and came up with "urban school champions for Stonemasons and sculptors times Urstein technic" Still not 100% sure but thank goodness for Google Translate...helps me do the shopping!

14

Lillies

 For Me - Flowers from my husband...for me...wonder what colour they will be! 
(They were pink)

15

Hot and Cold

 Hot + Cold 

16

Bare branch

 After - After the Autumn leaves have all fallen.

17

Zeil, Frankfurt

 Cooking - This guy is always cooking Wurst in a bun on his little portable BBQ, for people on the main shopping 
street of Frankfurt.

18

Shanghai Skyline

 I love this - I love the city of Shanghai, the mix of ancient and new, the colour, the culture, the vibrancy, the food. A photographers dream city. From my archives.

I ♥ Shanghai 

19


Ralph the border Collie x and half a tennis ball

 Whole - This tennis ball started our walk, brand new and whole. Was not whole when we returned. At least we had the whole forest to ourselves

20

Rose, Hofheim, Frankfurt

 Bright - Bright flower, brightening a cobblestoned street with half timbered houses near Frankfurt on a dark, cold, grey day.

21

Shoes

 Shoes - My girls just chilling in their colourful shoes, soaking up some sun by the river! 

22

Shanghai Skyline photo mosaic

 Favourite - So many favourites, my girls, the dog, souvenirs, travel, my childhood teddy. This picture of the Shanghai skyline encompasses many of my favourites. It is a mosaic of 1000's of my photos of our life in China, many memories and adventures, friends and family. One of my families most treasured and looked at possessions.

23

Christmas Craft

made this - I love Christmas and creating...I made the advent calender when our girls were small...the elves come every night to deliver treats. Made the table runner and the mosaic bowl too...Christmas is coming :)

24

Autumn Leaves

 I need to do this - rake up a few thousand beautiful Autumn leaves!

25

Autumn Leaves

 Time - 10:26am, 25 November 2014 Place - Frankfurt, Germany Temperature 6C. 
Time to soak up what is left of Autumn.

26

Street Art, Dale Grimshaw, Camden, London

 Wall - I found this street art on a wall while wandering around Camden in London recently. So vibrant and those eyes reach into your soul!!! Archive October 2014.

27

Perth, Shanghai, London, Weisbaden

 I'm thankful for this...Thankful for the opportunity to live in these amazing places with my husband and girls by my side. Soaking up different cultures and countries, lifestyles and languages. The memories and friends we have gathered along the way. Perth, Western Australia: China: England: Germany :) Archive shots.

28

Cast Iron Chinese Tea Pot

 Black - My black cast iron teapot 

29

Christmas Market, Frankfurt

 So this happened - It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas....the Christmas Markets in Frankfurt have opened. Colourful, festive, fun!

30

Gingerbread Santa, Christmas Market, Frankfurt

 I bought this - A gingerbread Santa for my daughter at a local Christmas Market last night. Then I helped her eat it when our train home was over an hour late and we were cold and hungry. It was delish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment