Thursday 17 September 2015

Photo a Day - September...why are you running away so fast!

September seems to be flying by at breakneck speed. 
The days are closing in, the leaves are changing colour and starting to fall, there is a chill to the air.
Change is afoot and preparations for our big move home are in full swing. 
So much to do, so little time...the clock is ticking fast!

Enjoy my days of September in Germany, with a few shots from China thrown in.
The prompt of the day is in red, the photo and description is my take on the prompt.


7
Autumn Leaf
Beauty redefined
A fallen leaf. life at an end but still bringing colour to our world.

8
Marktkirche, Wiesbaden, Germany
Point of view

Looking up from the front steps of the Marktkirche, a Neo-Gothic church in Wiesbaden, Germany.

 9
St Goar, UNESCO World Heritage, Germany
Begins with 'S'
St Goar, a town on the West bank of the Rhine river, 
surrounded by castles and vineyards and a UNESCO World Heritage site.

10
Australian Wine, Bob's Wine, Hofheim, Germany
Coffee Break
Had such a hectic week, a wine break was more desirable than a coffee break!

11
Ralph the dog, Forest, Frankfurt, Germany
Close to my heart
My daily walks in my forest with my dog Ralph are very close to my heart.
Wandering through the forest clears my head and my soul, my faithful friend by my side ...
or at least chasing a ball nearby!

 12
Shanghai Skyline 2011
Commute
The daily commute in Shanghai, by foot, taxi, subway or ferry, always busy.

13
Passport to the world
 Freedom
My Aussie passport gives me the freedom to travel the world, live in different places
and return home to our beautiful country.

14
Vendor, Great Wall of China, Mutianyu, China
Unlikely Hero
Our day on the Great Wall was magical, the girls saw snow for the first time in their lives. 
While other tourists walked the walk, we had a snowball fight and built a snowman.
This kind vendor watched us with a smile, then left his stall to come down and make a 
family photo for us, giving us a precious memory of a fantastic day. Our hero!

15
Horse
Consumer
This friend of ours likes to consume a carrot or two after a ride.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe we are halfway through this month. Fall is definitely in the air here.

    ReplyDelete