Monday 21 September 2015

UN International Day of Peace 2015


This morning I checked my Facebook page and there was the usual invitation to "See your memories"
I clicked and found this "memory" for 21 September 2014.
My Photo a Day prompt for the day was "favourite word"
and I chose "Harmony" as it was the International Day of Peace.

"The United Nations invites all nations and people to honour a cessation of hostilities 
during the Day and to otherwise commemorate the Day, 
through education and public awareness on issues related to peace"

So here we are, a year on, the world is still in turmoil in some parts, 
the situation in Syria is chaotic to say the least.
I have seen first hand the dire situation the Syrian refugees are in.

Let us all try and make the world a better place, today indulge in a random act of kindness,
invite the person behind you at the check out to go first,
buy a homeless person some lunch,
donate some clothes to those in need,
send a post card to a friend, 
hold the door open for someone,
put your change in the charity jar,
even just Smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment